Earlier, Dallin and I spent a good deal of time coming up with names for our new niece, because her parents were apparently locked in a mortal combat over what to name their now one day-old daughter. We thought we might help them and came up with some suggestions:
5) No Namè (pronounced No-Nahmee) - It's Polynesian, we think. It means indecisive parents.
4) Brusier, Brickhouse or Beefcake - Appropriate for the first female to play linebacker at the Y. We kid, we kid! Welcome to the family! We show our love by teasing you mercilessly.
5) No Namè (pronounced No-Nahmee) - It's Polynesian, we think. It means indecisive parents.
4) Brusier, Brickhouse or Beefcake - Appropriate for the first female to play linebacker at the Y. We kid, we kid! Welcome to the family! We show our love by teasing you mercilessly.
2) Liberty - That's the dog's name. It worked for Indiana Jones.
1) Allie - Because Jackson said so. He has been insisting for months that his sister's name is Allie. No one knows why. When you tried to suggest another name, he was ADAMANT that her name was Allie. And now it is: Allie Jane.
Dallin and I had a discussion about the sanity of having your three year-old name your new kid. A family in my ward did this recently and their second son was named 'Baker' by their three year-old. It actually worked well. And now we have Allie Jane (AJ? I'm liking it!) courtesy of Jackson. I guess it could have been worse. As Dallin noted: "He was one Popsicle away from naming her 'Iron Man.'"
11 comments:
Allie is very cute, and I'm still liking Reagan.
FYI my brother let his kids influence their baby name decision. Hawke. Yeap, Hawke. Its grown on me. It goes well with their fanatical football lives:)
Wasn't there also a Canyon and a something else in there?
HAHAHAHAHAHA, that was the best laugh of the day. She has the polynesian look about her with all that dark hair. I can just see it now, Carren is throwing her a pass, telling her to go deep, Jackson comes up and clips her from behind (obvious pass interference). After throwing down a yellow flag, Scott will run up and tell her to shake it off. Lori, Chelsie, PLEASE STEP IN NOW, teach her dance!
Mom, I am SO happy you know what defensive pass interference is!
Rub some dirt on it, AJ, rub some dirt on it.
I can't believe you stole that picture off MY blog, and didn't even leave a comment. RUDE.
J - I have already posted TWICE on the birth of AJ. If you want my comment on it, read my blog. And what kind of comment is that? WHINEY.
I read your blog faithfully. I actually check it on a daily basis. I usually choose not to comment because you usually choose to make me sound like an idiot.
My older brother who was six at the time was insistent that I would be named Jane. It didn't make the first cut, but jane did become my middle name. Yay for Allie Jane!
J - welcome to the family, We show our love by teasing.
Allie - cute name for a very cute baby :)
I'm not too sure about letting siblings name their new sibling. We did let T.J. name Toby. He was so insistent on the name that we figured maybe he knew something we didn't. I don't love, love the name, but at least it's fairly normal - although I really wish they hadn't named the super nice, but totally spineless OFFICE character Toby.
On the other hand, my younger sister almost got stuck with Wonder Woman. We kids were also obsessed with the Osmonds at the time, so she got lucky - we named her Marie.
love the name!
Post a Comment