Feb 2, 2009

Top 5: Things heard in corporate life that make me want to kill myself...and everyone else around me.

5) "Want to go to lunch?... Chili's? Outback?"
4) "The coffee machine isn't working." (Answer: "Great. Turn around and go call the number that is taped to it, Lazy Ass.")
3) ANY reference to my time/availabity as 'bandwidth'. (IE: "Do you have the bandwidth to cover this project this week?")
2) "It's the little deets that make a big diff."
1) Any and all acryonms. (IE: "I need to get this PFF in the ARC system to update my CPA, but the T&E isn't uploading. Can you call USIT?")

4 comments:

Maursupial said...

Yeah, I'm with you on this. And you thought BYU was bad with the acronyms. Sheesh! I'm soooooo sooooo sorry.

Melissa said...

Oh good lord, that's horrible!!!! And really, how many times can a human eat at Chili's or Outback?? You're in Washington, DC, for goodness' sake! You have options! Ugh.

Freddy said...

yea I was sitting in a meeting with the government agency that overseas my program and they were throwing around acronyms left and right. They finally had to stop and spend a few mins explaining what they all were. It is some crazy stuff.

Jillian said...

I wouldn't judge you if you and two friends snuck out one day and took a bat to the fax machine.