Probably one of the reasons I love this book so is that it is a list. One giant list, encyclopedia style. ahhhhh. For example:
Q-tip
Inserting a Q-Tip deep into your ear is a great, undiscussed pleasure.
See also: French Fries
Most of the entries are things that she likes and doesn't like, some contain stories or lessons
she has learned. Some make me cry. Others make me laugh with milk-squirting-through-nose force, nod my head in understanding, or put my hand over my heart in empathy. I love it and I HIGHLY recommend you read it. If for no other reason than to recognize the beauty in your own story.
So what do I need from you, you ask? I am attempting to write/scrapbook a similar tome,
about my story. I am planning on doing this in about a month, but to prepare myself I made this little notebook that I am carrying around with me when I think of topics I want to write about.
The problem is I am about a week into this project and am already stuck. I have about 15 things listed, most of which involve my iPhone, football or my niece and nephew. What I need from you all are ideas. What is something about me that you think I should write about? Yes, I fully recognize the hypocrisy in asking for assistance when essentially writing an encyclopedic autobiography. I will probably add a foot note about it. But I still need some help to get ideas flowing. So please, any ideas? Feel free to put them in the comments or email or text or whatever.
10 comments:
Oh my gosh, I'm very excited about your project!!! I will be sending you ideas... I knew you BEFORE you loved football, but you still loved road trips.
What immediately comes to mind:
Sodi Mamas
Erying Science Center
The Unhealthy Ones
The Creamery -- Scoopin for Jesus!
Road trip from Utah to WV/DC after graduation, starring Giardino's! (I still can't believe we didn't get free snacks FOR LIFE!)
Oh, I'm sure I'll add to this list.
And your book recommedation is promptly going to the top of my Goodreads list!
Cool - I'd love to read a book you wrote. I second Melissa's ideas:
Best jobs ever (Creamery, obviously)
Road trips(Remember when our Rent-A-Wreck got towed in Chicago?)
Music
Your stellar ideas (I still cringe when I hear someone say, "Susan, I have an idea!")
Bad Mormon manners
you for sure need to talk about your love of Newsies and how you rank the stars that you are in love with. You are a star of lists and I think that needs to take a post in and of itself
Amen! This is a great project!
-Ditto to Susan's "bad mormon manners"
-must include "Guatemala City Central and stories" (love them and retell them from time to time)!!
-How about "how to talk your way into and out of things"- i.e. extensions from professors on MAJOR papers that you started in the wee hours of the morning and couldn't quit finish on time
So excited for your ideas! Thanks for the book recommendation. Sounds great:)
Definitely some good ideas here, folks! I've written them in the notebook. I might post the scrapbook pages when I finish them (end of October, I am thinking)
Melis -
Again, love your enthusiasm! You know, I still troll the internet occassionally to see if someone will someday post that commercial.
Grace - Newsies is noted!
Malissa - Great idea. I will list those last two ideas under lust and sloth, respectively.
Man, all you guys are just reminding me how stupid I was in college.
Love this! I'm going to check out this book immediately. Here's my short list for ya:
-Your Creativity
-Your killer planning skills
-Your work ethic and the crazy slash awesome jobs you've had (I only know the last 3)
-Your awesome pseudo sis-in-law as well as your real one
-Christmas moonings due to you not being there in person
-Your hair. Your experiments with it
-Your unbelievable ability to be wright in most situations :)
-Vacations
Um, you turned me onto this book 4 years ago and I still love it! I've read it over and over! What about
Little Truckers
Danny Harris
Pumpkin Chunkin'
Reenactments of Civil War/Revolutionary War
Driving Tristan to Boston, passing NYC on a Friday night during rush hour traffic, and unloading her in 20 minutes flat.
oh-
Taking Hayley to the Eagles vs. Seahawks and seeing her almost die by the fans
Inner-Harbor
Greek restaurant in Baltimore, Bakloval (sp) seat
Okay, after my rebuke at lunch today, I needed to respond.
Internet stalking
Diet Coke
Pizza and a movie
Fudruckers
Good movies with Christian Bale
Bad movies with Christian Bale :)
A whole book on Christian Bale
Craig's Lessons
The Shimkus Mobile
Queso at T-Coast
Road trips to WV in winter
Pacabels cannon (the race to church)
I am sure I can think of more, give me some more time.
hoss -
those were GREAT ideas. Some of those I totally forgot! Like the race to church. Thanks! I am writing those down. Guess my rebuke worked.:)
Post a Comment